Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 11.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
WS Audiology helps millions of people regain and benefit from the miracle of hearing. As advanced as hearing care is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to help make wonderful sound part of everyone's life. There is nothing more rewarding to us than seeing someone regain the miracle of hearing and watching them thrive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All responsibilities will be under supervision by a specified WS Audiology Audiologist Preceptor along with a close relationship with the Extern's University Program. The Extern will work closely with the Audiologist Preceptor.
- Responsibilities include testing and diagnosis of hearing which may include: audiometry, immittance testing, tinnitus evaluations, optoacoustic emissions testing and vestibular evaluations.
- All testing will be administered according to WS Audiology clinical best practice protocols and applicable state and federal laws.
- Consult with Supervisor Preceptor and/or Clinical Educators for challenging fittings.
- Evaluates test results to determine communication problems and make the most appropriate recommendations.
- To achieve and maintain levels of professional statistics that are indicative of a high standard of patient care.
- To work within a team environment with other members of the center staff in achieving net revenue goals established by Regional and Main office management.
- Maintain an expertise in the selling, fitting and troubleshooting of current hearing aid technology.
- Maintain office appearance in conjunction with Patient Care Coordinator. Always consider the image of the office in the eyes of the patient. Office should be free of clutter and clean. All equipment should be used, including any sales tools provided by WS Audiology.
- Comply with FDA guidelines and HEARUSA practice guidelines.
- Maintain professional license and CEU requirements.
- 2-3 years in Graduate Audiology Doctoral Program
- The student will apply for temporary, provisional, limited, or training permit or license for hearing aid dispensing and/or audiology in the applicable state, as required by each individual state in which the student is placed.
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently in a fast paced environment
- Basic or advanced written communication skills
- Ability to communicate detailed or technical information clearly, accurately and concisely