Remote Care Audiologist (already licensed in one of these states: AZ, CO, CT, MI, NY, TX)
Retail · Phoenix, Palm Beach Gardens - HearUSA HQ, Detroit Fully Remote
WS Audiology helps millions of people regain and benefit from the miracle of hearing. As advanced as hearing care is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to help make wonderful sound part of everyone's life. There is nothing more rewarding to us than seeing someone regain the miracle of hearing and watching them thrive.
Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 11.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
- Excited and eager to be a remote care pioneer by championing the Telehealth audiology program for WSA U.S. Retail as a virtual hearing care professional
- Currently licensed in one or more of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, MI, NY, TX
- Entrepreneurial mindset involving persistence to achieve goals and grow business opportunities in a dynamic marketplace that can span one or multiple states
- Passionate about using innovative technology, web services, and mobile applications to connect virtually with clients
- Willingness to provide feedback on current platforms, processes, and technologies in the remote care program with the goal to improve the client & provider experience
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues and offer creative solutions when necessary
- Open to receiving mentorship from existing online providers
- Willing to be licensed in multiple states (WSA will fund additional licensing fees if needed)
- Have a dedicated, HIPAA compliant home office space designated for remote video appointments
- Possesses the aptitude to conduct a Telehealth hearing aid evaluation, remote fitting, and ability to virtually sell applicable hearing aids to clients
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess online hearing test results, perform Telehealth hearing aid evaluation, conduct hearing aid selection, and remotely fits all clients while working within the defined systems, processes, and best practices as defined by Total Care Plus (TCP), Remote Care operating procedures, and WSA leadership.
- Evaluates test results to determine communication deficit and makes appropriate recommendation for all clients with a hearing loss.
- Remotely program, ship, and adjust hearing aids for clients within the state(s) of licensure
- Meets and exceeds Remote Care program goals, online center monthly sales budget, and key performance indicators (KPIs) on a monthly basis
- Utilizes hearing aid stock for hearing aid instruments and trials all clients that are undecided.
- Completes TCM/ chart notes for each client seen and sends Medical Report to referring and or primary care physicians.
- Maintains an expertise in the selling, fitting and troubleshooting of current hearing aid technology.
- Comply with state license laws, FDA guidelines, WSA and Total Care Plus practice guidelines and QPG protocols.
- Performs and provides applicable hearing aid repairs, follow-up, checks, and remote adjustments as needed. Willing to refer clients to physical center locations if required for cleanings, earmolds and ALD accessories as needed by the client.
- Provides community marketing support via physician marketing, health fairs, etc.
- Generates own leads for online remote care center through outbound calling & related outreach through utilization of statewide prospect & customer lists, as supplied by WSA leadership
- AuD. or Masters of Audiology required
- 1-5 years of Audiology experience
- Active state license in Audiology and/or hearing aid dispensing in at least one state from this list: AZ, CO, CT, MI, NY, TX (multiple states preferred).
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience interacting with customers/clients.
- Ability to communicate detailed or technical information clearly, accurately and concisely.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues during Telehealth appointments
- HIPAA-compliant home office setup in order to remotely conduct Telehealth hearing aid evaluations
- Able to ship hearing aid stock to clients from home location or via local shipping distributer
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits packages (health, dental, vision insurance; 401k with company match), and lots of career development opportunities—we love promoting from within!