In a world of “jobs,” we offer “careers!” Come join the team at HEARUSA, the retail division of WS Audiology, a worldwide global family of some of the top hearing aid technologies in the world. Our Support Center Headquarters, located in beautiful Palm Beach Gardens, FL, is actively hiring motivated professionals in all fields to grow with our organization!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Analyst and Jr Accountants.
- Create and post journal entries.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Prepare financial statements and other required reports according to schedule.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and IFRS principles.
- Liaise with Accounting Manager and Accounting Director to improve financial procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with team members, all levels of management, and offshore Accounting team.
- Proven experience as a Senior Accountant or an Accounting Supervisor;
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting procedures;
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
- Hands-on experience with Accounting software packages (i.e. SAP, Oracle, etc.);
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including VLookups, formulas, and pivot tables;
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Multi-location experience required.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Experience with shared services preferred.
- 5 - 7 years experience, Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA not required, but preferred.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits packages (health, dental, vision insurance; 401k with company match), and lots of career development opportunities—we love promoting from within!