Under moderate supervision of the Sr. Manager, Clinical Product Specialists, the role of the Clinical Product Specialist (CPS) is to provide customers and end users with information that will teach them to become skilled in understanding, recommending, and selling Widex technology to their patients and have the comfort and confidence in selecting and fitting these instruments.
1. Account Management
- Coordinate and work with Sr. Manager, Clinical Product Specialists to discuss planning and goal setting on how they will individually bring educational value through educational based selling strategies to customers and support sales to move business forward.
- Coordinate with the field teams in targeting customers to provide various types of educational events, seminars, and other selling activities
- Educational based selling of products/services and solutions to customers as well as assist in increasing Widex share of wallet (SOW) and ASP
- Monitoring and contacting key accounts, health clinics, pediatric accounts, Universities, and declining and prospect accounts in coordination with sales teams to support where education can have impact on improving or turning business around to sell more units, increase SOW and ASP
- Conduct regional and national seminars held to educate and inform customers
- Provide technical product training for the staff & customers so that they can, position, sell, and fit and fine tune all Widex products
- Assist in any type of fitting/fine tuning questions from staff or customers
- Work with field staff to assist in supporting marketing events
- Assist in minimizing fitter level return for credits
- Assist on best practice fittings focusing on verification and validation outcomes
- End-user outreach education to help Widex be the choice for modern hearing care
- Social media engagement per company policy for continued sales outreach to hearing care professionals and allied health fields
- Assist in communication from the field to the product management team to execute future fitter/end-user needs for continued sales growth and innovation
3. Development of Sales/Educational Tools
- Assist in developing educational materials, support documents, PowerPoint presentations, and seminar materials as needed
- Serve as a liaison with internal teams/departments and circulate audiologically based positioning and messaging
4. Administrative Duties
- Document all customer interaction in CRM within the department stipulated time frame
- Complete all company related administrative tasks required including timely customer contact, calendaring, planning, expenses, and communication
- Perform all other duties/responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- AuD in Audiology required
- Active State Audiology/Dispensing License preferred
- Preferred 3 years’ experience in both clinical and dispensing audiology
- Product, presentation, and training experience is a plus
- Be available to travel approximately 50% of the time (estimated 6-8 overnights per month)
- Some weekend work is required
- Strong overall P.C. skills and proficient in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and must work efficiently and proficiently with others.
- Must exhibit strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and have a can-do attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities are required.