MEDPlus was founded on the idea of creating a customer service centric, technology driven, workers’ compensation claims processing organization. We understand claims adjusters, self-Insured companies and other organizations need a service company that saves time and money, which is also easy to work with.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares/files/submits insurance-related claims and other materials for the company.
- Maintains Insurance authorizations.
- Manages aged accounts, sends statements on outstanding accounts, and prepares monthly reports.
- Prepares and submit insurance claims
- Communicates with clients, staff, and insurance companies regarding insurance claims and payments.
- Manages electronic billing system.
- Maintains up-to-date files on each insurance company.
- Maintains up-to-date client files on insurance claims and payments.
- Performs bookkeeping tasks.
- Performs medical coding tasks.
- Prior office experience, especially in the field of billing and insurance claims;
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles, methods, and practices;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Knowledge of medical coding;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with clients;
- Ability to communicate professionally with the public;
- Proficiency with billing software programs;
- Demonstration of skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- 2+ years of professional financial & billing experience
- High School-Diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits packages (health, dental, vision insurance; 401k with company match), and lots of career development opportunities—we love promoting from within!