The Regional Sales Manager coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, goals and establishes training programs for Inside Sales Representatives. The RSM is also responsible for increasing the visibility of Widex hearing aids, growing the revenue and expanding the customer base and market share of the Widex USA business.
- Achieve net hearing instrument sales quota on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Build and maintain customer relationships as a means of growing current customer's business, i.e., monthly net dollar sales, as well as identify customer service issues, such as: remake and repair issues, turnaround times, lower return for credit rates and gather new competitive information.
- Prepare an annual business plan. The plan should be reviewed and updated quarterly with the Regional VP and Inside Sales counterpart. The plan should include:
- Work effectively with inside sales regarding prospecting, developing and recruiting new customers each month.
- Successfully introduce and establish new products to both existing customers and new customers in accordance with company mandates.
- Coordinate the training of customers to fit Widex hearing devices using Widex hardware and software fitting systems.
- Provide Widex software and hardware support to existing accounts as needed.
- Develop an effective communication platform and evaluate presentation skills to convincingly provide, present and sell Widex technology story to both to individual customers and large groups of customers.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Widex customer database in their individual regions and effectively manage the CRM system.
- Complete appropriate sales and corporate reporting requirements in a timely fashion.
- Maintain proper professional standards of behavior and decorum as a representative of the company when communicating with customers, coworkers and representing Widex USA at national, regional and state professional meetings.
- Maintain expenses within published corporate guidelines.
- Plan and direct training and performance to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate or other subjects of sale.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Responsible to come to work consistently, on time and as scheduled.
- Performs other duties and participates in other projects as requested.
- Sales growth that coincides with corporate goals.
- Specific strategy by customer types.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have 3 year’s industry and field selling experience.
- Experience with a Big 6 Manufacturer, preferred.
- Proficient with fitting software.
- Computer Skills proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Widex fitting software, preferred.
- Ability to handle matters with strict confidence.
- Must have ability to build long term relationships with customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; have effective communication skills with a diverse range of individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work.