In a world of “jobs,” we offer “careers!” Come join the team at HEARUSA, the retail division of WS Audiology, a worldwide global family of some of the top hearing aid technologies in the world. Our Support Center Headquarters, located in beautiful Palm Beach Gardens, FL, is actively hiring motivated professionals in all fields to grow with our organization!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounting Supervisor's primary responsibility is to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Verify, review, and post Journal Entries prepared by the Senior and Staff Accountants;
- Perform and review reconciliations and review balance sheet and profit and loss GL accounts;
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results;
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status;
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending;
- Mentor and provide technical support and advice on any Accounting-related matters to GL team and other team members;
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures;
- Participate in financial standards-setting and in the forecast process;
- Provide input into department's goal-setting process;
- Prepare financial statements and produce required reporting according to schedule;
- Assist with audits;
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance;
- Plan, assign, and review GL and WNS team's work;
- Manage and ensure month-end and year-end close process completeness with the GL team;
- Manage and ensure month-end and year-end close process of patient A/R accounts;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and IFRS principles;
- Liaise with our Accounting Director to improve financial procedures;
- Prepare month-end/year-end close procedures;
- Manage GL team and ensure completeness of duties;
- Develop solutions to existing and upcoming problems and challenges.
- Candidates must have at least 3-5 years' experience in a Supervisory or Managerial Accounting Role, leading a team of accounting & finance professionals;
- Candidates must have experience working in a large, global organization (dealing with international offices and off-shore Shared Services);
- Excellent track record in improving and streamlining processes & taking ownership of tight deadlines; Ability to multitask and wear a variety of hats when the position calls for it;
- CPA is a huge plus, but not a requirement; Bachelor's Degree is a must.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite Experience (Excel, Word); experience with accounting software (i.e. SAP, Oracle) is helpful.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and generous benefits package.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits packages (health, dental, vision insurance; 401k with company match), and lots of career development opportunities—we love promoting from within!